This week, I’m back in Paris but New York is still lingering.
• It felt so good to have the sun’s rays and summer heat on my bare legs.
• Of the many delicious things I ate, I think the very best wasn’t even a sweet—it was the smoked cod salad at Jack the Horse: smoky, creamy, generous, unique and utterly divine.
• I finally listened to La Petit Choue’s kickass birthday mix—all kinds of new musicians. Merci, Kate!
• I was dazzled by the wardrobe and art direction and cinematography in I Am Love—extraordinary.
• But now that I am back in Paris, I am surrounded by one of my all-time favorite things in the world: the smell of freshly baked baguettes. Not even the Egyptian jasmine for Hermé’s perfume smell as good as a French boulangerie at 8 o’clock in the morning.