Monday, September 27, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

What to avoid according to Food Rules: food products with more than five ingredients (the higher the number, the more processed the food); foods advertised on TV (only big food manufactures can afford it); the middle aisles of your supermarket (where all the processed foods lurk); breakfast cereals that change the color of your milk (processed, processed); white bread (white flour isn’t much better than sugar as far as your body’s nutritional needs are concerned); large plates (you’ll fill ‘em up and eat more).

Morning
Nectarine (nearing the end of the season, I imagine)
Banana

Afternoon

Quinoa salad with walnuts, beets, zucchini and yellow pepper (stained bright pink by the beets, it was the prettiest salad you could ever imagine)
A couple handfuls of peanuts
Another banana (hungry, hungry today!)

Evening
Another rainbow-bright salad
Toasted Eric Kayser bread with pb&j

Have a good & healthy week, tout le monde!

4 comments:

  1. I had a similar salad yesterday minus the walnuts and yellow pepper and zucchini..
    Is it from Eric Kayser? or home-made :)
    I love Fr ready-made quinoa in a bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you had pink quinoa with beets??
    Mine was homemade. Pas mal, but next time I will follow a recipe to pack in some better flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a banana with Nutella for dessert last night :)
    And a salad with oranges, cucumber, red onion, lettuce and a ginger sesame oil and honey dressing.. but I screwed up with tea ( scone) ..
    Vegan is hard :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nutella is not vegan, a Broad, sorry:) And neither is honey...

    (I was a full vegan for two years and it IS hard... so much in fact that I reverted to being an ovo-lacto vegetarian. A lot more practical when you travel, trust me! Still challenging, but a lot less than veganism:)

    ReplyDelete