Monday, September 6, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

Last week, I managed a double-header Vegan Monday & Tuesday. Can I do it again this week?*

Morning
Cantaloupe
Banana
Oatmeal

Afternoon
Lentil salad with avocado, tomatoes and mache
Banana
White nectarine

Evening
Peanuts... and more peanuts
Pasta with sautéed zucchini and sundried tomatoes**
Banana Twinkie***

*Probably not if dangerous temptations remain in the house.

** Once again, I thought my dish was going to be sadly lacking. I stirred together the zucchini (sautéed in fabulous Nicolas Alziari olive oil from the Cote d’Azur) and pasta and thought it looked so bare and sad; like it was just begging for mozzarella or feta or even just some Parmesan shavings. But then, it was delicious, just as it was. I’m thinking it’s the good quality olive oil.

***If only. It sure wasn’t easy ignoring that box of banana custard-filled sponge cake, hand-carried by Mel from Tokyo.

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious.
    My husband has been roasting tomatoes.. slow roasting cut and peeled in the oven. You get these delicious, intense tomato flavored squishy tomatoes that work in salads, sandwiches and pasta.
    The other night I made penne with smoked salmon and the roast tomatoes. It was one of those dishes that you have to fight the urge to lick the bottom of the bowl.
    So I can imagine how good your pasta was with the zucchini ( which I love with pasta) and sundried tomatoes.
    We have been eating a lot of cashews lately. Hope they are healthy.. tangerines are in season now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! And so healthy! And so true -- a good olive oil makes any meal taste like ambrosia ;)

    ReplyDelete