Monday, September 6, 2010

Craving green in Paris

In a city that is filled with lovely shades of gray, sometimes I need a bit more green in my life.

So I’ll take a Velib to the Parc de la Villette in the morning…

…and visit le Parc des Buttes Chaumont in the evening.

And I’m always happy with a Cornet Vegetarien...

...filled beaucoup greens, at the lovely little Square du Temple.


I know others feel the same. I passed a little time at le Jardin de Reuilly on Sunday, where I was surrounded by Parisians…




…though they seemed to be soaking up the sun more than the green.

And from the Viaduct des Arts…

… I spied terra cotta chimneys through the wild flower bushes.

Taking a final spin through the Marais on Sunday evening (Velibs, what would I do without you??), the flashing lights from this wee square confirmed that just a little bit of nature is essential for the soul.

4 comments:

  1. I always love the way the Parisians enjoy their parks and gardens, especially on Sundays. There are a few here that I have not visited but will definitely see the next time in Paris.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, full of charm and loveliness and makes me Wish I Were There!
    I totally understand the craving Green, especially now.. Spring is about to Pop here but right now, things are still pretty Grey.

    un beso, C

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lovely green place opposite the Swedish Institute (who do an amazing courgette and lime cake!) in the Marais. It's not too far from rue des rosiers, and nice and quite compared with the lovely but packed Place Des Vosges. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Lana, I know exactly the square you're talking about! I sometimes bike down that street and tell myself that I have to visit. (Ditto on the Swedish Institute—yummy pastries I hear!) Some day soon, I will...

    Meg and Candice, here's to green parks and lazy Sunday afternoons!

    ReplyDelete