Thursday, June 3, 2010

Don’t ever miss the chance to indulge in free & sublime chocolate

Have you hear of “Nuit du Gâteau”? It’s tonight—La Maison du Chocolat’s first ever “Cake Night”. Sigh.

From 7-9 pm, you can sample chocolate tarts, chocolate pastries, chocolate macarons, chocolate mousse, chocolate truffles and even more chocolate, all free of charge.

And at the Madeleine store (open until midnight, for all you crazy kids), head pastry chef Gilles Marchal will dish extra special chocolate creations.


I don’t know if it will be as crazy as Pierre Hermé’s Macaron Day. But free chocolate and cake on a fine June evening in Paris sounds like the stuff dreams are made of.

5 comments:

  1. some times I could really learn to hate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, oh boy, am I ever in the wrong place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again you have alerted me too late. I suspect that you're secretly blocking out any competition for the free delights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legrandezombie, I was even thinking of you! I posted the night before La Nuit du Gateau... should have posted on your site - sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly someone needs to be responsible for me. It's good for your taxes too, considering me a dependent.

    ReplyDelete