Sunday, May 23, 2010

A single girl’s pretty perfect day

Errands and apartment-cleaning in the morning (no, I admit, not the most romantic way to start a day in Paris, but it got my control-freak tendencies and a couple things on my to-do list out of the way).

A bike ride across town, in the sunlight, through Place Vendome and Place de la Concorde. Down Avenue Montaigne. And a walk across Pont d’Alma. (Ahh, now that’s romance.)

A museum visit. To the Jean Nouvel-designed Musée du Quai Branly.

Green tea sipped with an omelette and apple-rhubarb crumble at the darling Les Deux Abeilles tea salon.

Back on the Velib. Oh, how I love you.

To Galignani, to paw at all the wonderful, pretty books… and to buy Lunch in Paris.

A respite in les Jardins Tuleries, where seemingly millions of people sauntered in the sun, and I sought a spot in the shade to crack open Elizabeth’s book.



Strolling, window-shopping and browsing a couple select boutiques in the first and second arrondisements.

An outdoor seat at my favorite café on rue Montorgueil with an evening Perrier, snacking on dried apple just purchased from À la Mere de Famille and delving further into American Vogue when I wasn’t distracted by the parade of people strolling by.

And to look forward to: a night chez-moi. Just me and Milo. Maybe a little Top Chef. With the promise of yoga and 80-degree weather tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment