Usually I love my vegan Mondays. But sometimes I wake up ravenous, wondering how I’ll ever get through the day without a giant slice of quiche or a hunk of cheese or a lovely, lovely pastry made with beaucoup butter and cream. Today was one of those days.
• Granola and soy milk
• Giant orange
• Quinoa salad with peas and beans
• Blé tendre salad (which I think Jo and I determined was a French thing—basically semi-hard bits of wheat kernels that are surprisingly delicious) with cucumbers, tomatoes and apples
• Two bananas
• A granny smith apple (told you, I was starving)
• Whole wheat pasta with lemon asparagus and toasted pine nuts - speaking of delicious, this dish blew my mind. I thought I’d be wishing I could add a touch of cream or some parm to it, but it was perfect.
• Dark chocolate mendiants – after my daylong hunger, I stopped into A La Mere de Famille on my way home and picked up four wee pieces of chocolate with nuts and dried fruit as an end-of-the-day treat.