Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Apropos of nothing

• I had to turn my heat on last night. And sleep with socks on. It is May 4 but it feels like winter. And I’ve already endured seven months of winter.
• I got eight hours of sleep for the first time in over a week and am full of energy as a result.
• Never go to Monoprix on a cold, Monday night. Especially the Monday following a holiday weekend during which the whole city has been shut down. It is mayhem.
• This morning I ate the largest banana I think I’ve ever seen in my life. It was so big, I had to eat it in three parts. So big, it was beyond phallic. I was actually embarrassed eating it.
• I miss going to the movies.
• Last night I listened to Au Revoir Simone/Friendly Fire’s Paris and Bill Wither’s Lovely Day, both of which made me so happy that I danced alone in my treehouse.
• It’s true, The Elegance of the Hedgehog was difficult to get through at points, but, wow, what a story in the end.
• I swiped Alan Hollinghurst's The Line of Beauty from Chris and Dana and have been enjoying it so far.
• I know it’s better for my “bottom line” but I really miss eating pastries. They add so much happiness to life.
• I’m not sure dried fruit is the best replacement for pastries.
• Never go away four weekends in a row. It makes the weeks in between utterly mad with plans.
• “Apropos of nothing” is a phrase that reminds me of Mr. B, who, apropos of nothing, is in a frenzy of romantic lust at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud when I read about your banana. I hope you didn't make any noises while eating. That could only compound the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still haven't mannaged all of Elegance yet.

    With you on the going away - says she who is off again next Thursday and then on the 28th but nothing then planned until October.

    And yes finally gave in tonight and switched the heat back on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loved this post. There's nothing like a list of random (but very interesting and so true thoughts to give you a real sense of what somebody is like. Quite like me, it appears (I have a very new little blog which is much like this post, but with added silliness). Lovely to find a simar soul. And sympathies about the pastries - I am having the same issue at the moment! But in Paris, it must be a true test of willpower!

    ReplyDelete