Sunday, May 16, 2010

In the Algarve

Ah, the beautiful Algarve. As lovely as Lisbon was, this is what made the trip.



Time at the beach.

Time loafing at the pool.

And the exquisite guesthouse, Vilacampina, where we stayed and were treated like royalty. Even by the resident pooch (a Portuguese water dog, of course).

The interior was so simple and sophisticated, filled with modern but comfortable furniture and art…


As were the grounds…




But maybe the best part, not unlike my jaunt to Sicily, was the buffet breakfast. Imagine: all of this, just for the two of us:



It made the start of each day very, very joyous.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!what a beautiful photos!!!!!i remember me when i was been in Portugal! I was here two years ago with my boyfriend! he always told me that he loved Portugal and expecially Algarve...so i did him a surprise...and i booked this holiday! I will not repent of my chose! ALgarve is too beautiful! We visited all Portugual, my favourite places are Lisbon and naturally Algarve!! we did Algarve tours...it was too amazing!so....I LOVE ALGARVE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete