Friday, December 17, 2010

Paris browns

The city's golden limestone takes a more somber tone in winter.

Especially along the Seine.

Can't you feel how chilly it is here?

But beautiful, still.


  1. Soooooooooo beautiful!:) I can only imagine how it would be covered in snow like in The Hague this morning:)

  2. Hi, I've been reading a lot of your back entries and these are such lovely pictures! I studied abroad in Paris for a semester and completely fell in love with the city.

    I'm just curious--do you have a job in Paris? And do you speak French fluently? I would love to move there someday, but I am not sure what Americans can do in Paris besides teach English, and if that would even produce a viable income.

    If you would like to respond privately, please contact me at

    I really appreciate whatever information you can give me.

  3. Somber or not, Paris will always be beautiful to me :)! Beautiful pictures, I'm dreaming away!

  4. Is the Seine unusually high? It looks to be nearly flooding. It's hard to imagine nasty weather memories are all sunny and golden.