Saturday, February 20, 2010

The little moments I love

I think it’s good to be aware of little things that make you happy so you’re more aware and appreciative in the big scheme of things. After posting about my gym class, I had to ask myself, There’s more than low-impact aerobics that makes me happy, right?? Right. A few more of my favorite moments of the week:

• Tuesday aerobics, and Thursday yoga
• Walking along rue Montorgueil on my way to work each morning
• Having that one night a week that I can crawl into bed with my book on the early side
• Catching a whiff of bread and pastries coming out of the boulangeries’ ovens
• Leaving work Friday evening—the very, very best time of the week
• Waking up Saturday morning, preferably not hungover, and knowing I have the whole weekend ahead of me
• Seeing Mom and Bob on Skype
• Noticing something for the first time, be it a statue at the top of a building, a florist on a street I pass every day, a cat in a window and, lately, the occasional sounds of birdsong…

Et vous??

1 comment:

  1. I rode the carousel in Monmartre this morning with a tiny friend. Up and down on the painted horses. Edith Piaf was singing through the sound system. It was sunny and crisp. Pretty magical.

    ReplyDelete