Sunday, April 5, 2009

It’s always the thing you least expect

After my initial pastry free-for-all the first couple of weeks, I’ve been more conscious of my sweets intake. But now I have another angle to watch for: high-fat dairy.

A girl at work (from Canada) said she’s gained 10 pounds since her arrival last year because it’s hard to find low-fat options of cheese and milk and yogurt.

So that’s why the dairy is so delicious!

I’ve taken to snacking on yogurt in the afternoon, I look forward to my morning cereal, which is so rich and creamy and delicious, and I’ve eaten more than my fair share of cheese for dinner this past week.

But you know what? C’est la vie. The food here is just out of this world, and if that means fatty dairy, so be it. I’ll just get a little extra walking in each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment