Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goodbye, Galignani

I’m enjoying my goodbye moments this week, many of which are random and unintentional (like when I went to Café Wepler yesterday for un chocolat, I passed the crummy hotel I called home for my first three weeks in Paris, and I was all too happy to say goodbye to it for a second time).

Other farewells are a little more bittersweet, like Galignani. Yes, I am waxing poetic about a bookstore. But if you know Galignani, you know this bookstore is magic. The big picture books, the international magazines, the literary and artsy clients, and the overall aesthetic.



I also love seeing that book design seems to be having a resurgence—the covers of reissued classics and new titles are just gorgeous.

4 comments:

  1. Mandy in ManchesterJanuary 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM

    Ah I do love these bookshop posts/photos of yours - I based a large proportion of my Christmas list on one of your previous posts and got 7 or 8 Paris-based/related titles from the hubby. (He is now referring to my growing collection as my Paris library!) Bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll just have to capture the Parisian side of NYC for us! Only wish we had met sooner during your Paris adventure :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know how many times I've bought a book BECAUSE OF its cover? This puts Barnes & Noble to shame...but alas, it's all we have here in this little town on the frozen tundra of southern Minnesota. Did you get a gorgeous book to read on the plane home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this place accidentally, being next to Angelina's that's pretty easy to do. It was lovely.

    ReplyDelete