It’s good to be thankful every day. Well, as one of those saps who believes that life is a gift, I think so anyway.
But with today being the official holiday of giving thanks, let me count my blessings:
• That I am here in Paris. That I’ve been here for 20 months, living a dream life. And that in two more months, I will return to my friends and family in New York.
• That I am healthy. Every once in awhile when I’m super tired or achy, sapped of energy and strength, life just feels so much harder and darker. Thank goodness I typically have good energy and tip-top health.
• That I am surrounded by some of the best food in the world and that I appreciate it. I feel sorry for people with food allergies. And anorexics. Really.
• That my experience here in Paris has been made richer by truly extraordinary friends. Really, really blessed with the best friends in the world!
• That my job has not only been stable, but really fun and fulfilling, in these less-than-certain times.
• That I’m in good spirits.
• That at least I have some wine and cheese waiting for at the end of the day, since turkey and pumpkin pie will be conspicuously absent.