Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pont des Arts at night

About once a week, I’ll journey over to the Left Bank for lunch, if only to have the excuse to cross the Pont des Arts. With views of l’Institute de France going there, and the Louvre coming back, plus the Seine, Ile de la Cité, the d’Orsay, Eiffel Tower all around, it’s nothing short of dreamy.


But I’ve never really crossed the pedestrian bridge at night—or hung out on it, which is apparently all the rage.

It's mostly kids and tourists, painting, playing music, drinking wine, eating cheese... you know all those clichés that are true.

All those little things that make us love Paris.

4 comments:

  1. I loved that bridge too. When I was there they weren't sitting in an aisle down the middle though. More big groups on opposite sides that made you zig zag along. Beautiful views though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw myself there. I mean, well, I'm not there but it looked like me. Thanks for braving the crowds to share the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every bridge seems to have a personality in Paris. A bridge for every mood. This is the people bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friends have posted pictures themselves on this bridge, and I can't wait to do the same! Cheese, wine, friends, bridge -- sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete