Thursday, September 8, 2011

I came to Brussels to eat chocolate

So I’ve been eating chocolate.


A lot of it.

An obscene amount of it, as a matter of fact.


And I’ve been learning about it, too. At the Chocolate Museum…

… and chocolate workshops…


(hey, who’s that goon in the hair net?!)...

…and from chocolatiers themselves.



To get from one chocolatier to another, I’ve been walking.

With this kind of consumption (for there have been other sweets, too)…

… I’ve had no choice. My jeans are rebelling as it is.

Plus, if I didn’t walk, I wouldn’t see the city’s fabulous architecture…







…and “street art”, which, here, takes on a sanctioned whole-building painting.




I wouldn't have gone to this lovely farmer's market...



and seen how the local Belgians like to spend their Wednesday nights.

(Drinking, near the market.)

It's been a lovely—albeit gluttonous and exhausting—sojourn in Brussels, but it's a good thing I'm leaving tomorrow. After just one more chocolate workshop. God help me.

19 comments:

  1. Not my favourite city in Belgium (I always seem to have bad service/bad food - except for one glorious meal in the hotel restaurant) but its chocolate is sublime.

    Did meet many lovely helpful people and of course there is always Speculoos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my short time in Brussels, and Belgium in general. I'm French, so it was pleasantly familiar, but also pleasantly foreign. It's nice to be a tourist in your native language sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a hair net or a shower cap ? Tell the truth Amy, you took a shower in chocolate, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I'm pretty sure that chocolate calories just burn off faster than any other calorie out there. You'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I began reading your blog when I began planning to study abroad in Paris last spring. Now I'm here and I just checked back to see what was new. Can't wait to read more about your adventures in this beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey very nice site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I'm glad to seek out a lot of useful information here in the submit, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanxx for posting
    About India Holydays India

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Blog, we are promoting Kerala Tours for more details click here : www.keralatourskerala.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice,I mean awesome blog.Right now i am exploring ladakh Tour Packages 2013.It's really " Rendering Never Before Holidaying Experience".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blog is informative for us.i am promoting Sri Lanka holidays and Sri Lanka Tours.for more details about kerala click here : http://www.magnatetravelsindia.com/srilanka-tour.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice blog for more detail on Amarnath Yatra 2013 visit http://www.magnatetravelsindia.com/amarnath-yatra.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really your blog is amazing. Your blog is important on behalf of me for travel destination information .by the approach right i'm explore car rental Agent and Travel Tours and more. For a lot of details click here: http://www.indiacarrentalinfo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The way you wrote about blog that’s really great i like this blog. Thanks for sharing this with us. For Kerala tour packages click here http://www.naraintoursindia.com/india-tours/kerala-tour-package.html

    ReplyDelete