Monday, March 8, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

Morning
Apple, kiwis and clementines

Afternoon

Quinoa salad with corn, tomatoes and cucumbers
Bread
Banana
Almonds

Evening
Fresh fettuccine with spinach sautéed in olive oil, garlic and lemon*
Orange – one of the big, juicy beauties from the bio market that is
Dark chocolate

* Of this dish I was especially proud as it a) relied on ingredients already in the fridge except b) the spinach, which I wanted to be Brussels sprouts and sweet potato (I'm obsessed with Brussels sprouts lately) but they didn’t have at the store so I improvised. As I was making it, I thought it was going to be the blandest thing ever. Au contraire. It was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. they have brussels in Paris? Love them light boiled tossed in some with freshly crisped bacon/pancetta - traditional recipe includes chestnuts which I am not keen on. Wouldn't work for a Vegan Monday though.

    Seeson finished here around the end of December - very traditional Xmas dish to go with the turkey - smothered in butter and black pepper!

    ReplyDelete