Monday, March 8, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

Apple, kiwis and clementines


Quinoa salad with corn, tomatoes and cucumbers

Fresh fettuccine with spinach sautéed in olive oil, garlic and lemon*
Orange – one of the big, juicy beauties from the bio market that is
Dark chocolate

* Of this dish I was especially proud as it a) relied on ingredients already in the fridge except b) the spinach, which I wanted to be Brussels sprouts and sweet potato (I'm obsessed with Brussels sprouts lately) but they didn’t have at the store so I improvised. As I was making it, I thought it was going to be the blandest thing ever. Au contraire. It was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. they have brussels in Paris? Love them light boiled tossed in some with freshly crisped bacon/pancetta - traditional recipe includes chestnuts which I am not keen on. Wouldn't work for a Vegan Monday though.

    Seeson finished here around the end of December - very traditional Xmas dish to go with the turkey - smothered in butter and black pepper!