Friday, February 4, 2011

My favorite Paris restaurants

Now that I’m back in New York, hitting up local restaurants again (The Lion: kickass interior, incredible menu, wildly expensive wine list but just-okay food; The Smile: a fun cool kids’ hangout with just-okay food; Toloache: delicious Mexican… though isn’t Mexican supposed to be cheap?; Scarpetta: rich and delicious), I’m sentimentally looking back on some of my favorite spots in Paris.

Little Gems
Guilo Guilo
Nomiya

Classic & Refined
La Régelade Saint-Honoré

Classic & Boisterous
Chez l’Ami Jean
Au Vieux Comptoir
Café Constant

For something (or someone) really special
Le Grand Vefour
L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon

Quietly Fabulous
Itinéraires
Café Panique

Trendy, trendy
Derriere
Mama Shelter
Hotel du Nord

I Love Lunch
Cojean
Merci Cantine
My sandwich guy

10 comments:

  1. I usually subsist only on sweets in Paris, but that savory crepe from your sandwich guy looks awesome. Fennel, avocado, chevre, honey and the dozen other ingredients would certainly hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Perfect list for our next visit .. whenever that is !
    Adding one of my long time favorites, Allard ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know if your sandwich guy is still in the same place? I'm going to Paris this summer and his sandwich is at the top of my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list -- so many of my own favorites here and I can't wait to try some new places, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely saving this list!

    Are you back in NYC permanently?

    Also, definitely want to read Shop Girl, good rec!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - i am forever jealous of your dining adventures in paris! i'm saving this list for my next visit! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy: Finally made it to the market for one of your sandwich guy's cornets today. It was delicious; the lemon zest was an inspired element!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merci, mes amis! Glad this list is helpful... and perhaps a little motivation for a springtime visit to Paris?!

    Anne, so glad you got the cornet... isn't it an incredible mélange? Kat, he is still in the market - you can't miss him, he's a character!

    Helen, oui, oui, back in NYC and just waiting for spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classy places to have a bite. Le Grand Vefour is a really exqusiite one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog through Hip Paris blog and fell in love, thanks for the multitude of information!
    ♥ Noemi
    Fashion: http://www.classy-n-glamorous.blogspot.com
    Travel: http://www.brianna64-acrossthesea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete