Friday, February 11, 2011

The best movie of 1985

I admit it. I’m a total sap. There are some movies, some people, some songs that get me every time. Like, say, anything by John Hughes.

I must say my all-time favorite John Hughes movie is Sixteen Candles. But when I came across the trailer for The Breakfast Club recently, my heart skipped a beat.

How did he do it? The humor, the timing, the actors… the music. Everything John Hughes created was a magical balance of sweet, raw, smart, cheeky, fun, tender and hopeful. It makes me feel like I’m 38 going on 13 again.

4 comments:

  1. I think about The Breakfast Club every day at 10:37 when "Don't You Forget About Me" comes on the company Muzak.

    Kinda too similar for comfort, detention and cubicle working...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic Movie! I love it!!!

    After watching that I think I'll have to set up another 80's movie night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brings back
    so many
    memories
    boy
    how time
    flys
    ...

    °°°

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all-time favorite movies, too!

    ReplyDelete