Monday, October 4, 2010

My Vegan Mondays (oops)

Well, I blew it, mes amis. I started the day like any other Monday: mindfully avoiding dairy. Then I went for lunch with colleagues and forgot all about Vegan Monday. It wasn’t even Veggie Monday; I had smoked salmon. Where are my principles??

But, if you’ll forgive me, I rebounded and made good on Vegan Monday the rest of the day. I cooked my own dinner, even.

Morning

Coffee and soy milk
Half a grapefruit
Soy yogurt (blech, not a fan)
Banana

Afternoon
Roquette salad with fresh tomatoes
Smoked salmon
Baguette and goat cheese
Handful of peanuts
Banana

Evening
Wheat salad with spinach, pumpkin and pistachios

3 comments:

  1. Baguettes and Goat cheese is one of my favorite snacks. I'm a little crazy about goat cheese. Next time try fresh prosciutto, fantastic!

    x, Molly

    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds delicious :)
    Vegan or not ..

    I have been pigging out on fresh almond croissants every day from that little new French bakery we have here.. if not almond, chocolate.. if not that we found a place that makes incredible Flan .. with burnt sugar..
    Very soon you will hear me making little oinking sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, I agree: goat cheese goes with just about everything... but, proscuitto... I haven't had red meat in ten years so I'll have to skip that!

    And maybe join you, Candice, for an almond croissant. Or two. Or three... (oink!)

    ReplyDelete