Wednesday, January 27, 2010

French phrase of the day: viens voir papa

Def: come to papa

Oh yeah. I got that beauty from Avatar. That’s right. I got suckered into going. After pooh-poohing it and swearing that I wouldn’t, there was suddenly a work outing. To see Avatar in 3D. It would have been rude of me not to go. Besides, I got to sit and relax in the dark for three hours, watching an action flick and eating a mélange of gummies and a Milka chocolate bar for dinner. How bad can it be?

I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The corporate bonding and the movie itself. I mean, it’s super, super cheesy. But, yes, visually amazing. There were so many points in the movie when I thought, how did he (James Cameron) do that? How did he see it?? It was pretty incredible and reminded me of being a kid and seeing Star Wars and Superman and just getting sucked into an alter universe that I never knew could exist.

But I’ll be damned if Cameron didn’t squeeze in some of that Titanic soundtrack that goes on and on inside your head…

No comments:

Post a Comment