Friday, July 17, 2009

The little things I love

It doesn’t take much to put a smile on my face here. It could be the wild garden of flowers someone is growing in their window boxes, the way a side street curves and makes you feel like you’ve gone back 200 years in time, or just the irresistible smell drifting out of a boulangerie’s door. But there are three moments every day that I can count on to make me happy;

• In the morning, when I leave the apartment building and have to push the “Porte” button to unlock the main door. It’s just so Parisian and reminds me of when I was a student here.

• When I bike to work and turn into the Place Vendome. The magnificence of the landmark and the opulence of the entire square, from Boucheron on the left to The Rtiz on my right.

• At night, when I turn out my bedside lamp and look out the window over the rooftops and see all the Parisian chimneys.

No comments:

Post a Comment