Monday, June 11, 2012

My Vegan Mondays


Morning
Coffee & soy milk
Apple & cinnamon oatmeal

Afternoon
Cannellini bean salad from Amy’s Bread
Almonds
An orange

Evening
Sunshine Pie from Life Thyme, where I also dipped into the free samples of vegan cookies one-two-three too many times

So I’m coming out of my quasi-hibernation, my little break from overloaded schedules and emotional taxation. Thank you for your patience and kind words. I wouldn’t say I’m back with a vengeance, but I’m back. And happy for it. Ready to crank up the productivity levels again. Excited for new summer adventures.

On the book front, I had the delicious honor of being interviewed by Joan Hamburg for her talk radio show. A foodie and Francophile herself, it was fun to chat chocolate and cookies with her. I also found out my book is getting translated into Portuguese for the great, big country of Brazil, and it’s also been recorded and released as an audio book. Further heartening news: one of my best friends as well as a dear cousin are both reading Paris, My Sweet with their book clubs—which is so sweet, but also makes me feel a little funny (there's always someone who hates the book and/or author... how will they respond when the inevitable happens?? Eek!)

On the personal front, I happily have a man in my life. But I lost a dear aunt. I guess life is nothing if not a rollercoaster with many lessons to be learned and moments to be savored. I’m weaning myself, even if it’s ever so slightly, from sugar; working on an article about my beloved home, Connecticut; and wondering how I can get a Tracy Anderson body without the workouts (accepting all ideas and advice on any of the former points).

Et toi? What have you lovelies been up to??

7 comments:

  1. The radio interview would have been fun!! Can you let me know if you get the inside info on the TA body minus working out!!! Summer is here and need a quick fix!
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is about the journey..............the up, the downs ..........forever learning. However, one of the best things about middle age is the tendency to let go and “just go with the flow.”
    Congratulations on the success of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just discovered your blog through an article on Belgian chocolates in December 2011..
    greetings from Brussels
    anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your book and loved it. I have to say I'm completely shocked that you are attempting to give up sugar what with your love of sweets and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, feeling smitten:) I knew there was someone special there... Enjoy it all, and without the downs, we wouldn't know how good the ups can feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, expecting that my sugar fast will be quick and shallow, I'm doing what Elizabeth suggests and going with the flow (trying to, anyway!).

    Carla, will share any get buff quick schemes I stumble upon, for sure!

    Anni, bienvenu! And have a delicious Belgian praline pour moi!

    Nina, thank you for your constant sweet words and support! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I'd love to know how to get a TA body (without all that hard work and sweating). I tried the sugar detox in May ..... and failed miserably. I wish you better luck! Terribly sorry to learn of your Aunt's passing. It sounds like you and I both have had an emotionally taxing spring, let's hope we're finally on the up and up!

    ReplyDelete