Thursday, April 19, 2012

Une soirée extraordinaire


If you know anything about my time in Paris, you know about my girl Mel. She's exceptional. Extraordinary. One of a kind. I love her.

She and the wonderful Sophie Berdah of Le Citizen hotel, with support and unrivaled enthusiasm from Gaela Fernández, hosted a little soirée to celebrate the launch of Paris, My Sweet last night. It was... perfect.


It was filled with friends.






Great sweets.


Even magical moments. This couple had read A Paris Farewell last spring. Marked Le Citizen as a hotel for their next trip to Paris. Brought the article with them. Were reading it in their room, when they came downstairs to discover, voila, the hotel was hosting a book party by the very same girl who wrote the article. C'est fou.

I offered a clumsy but heartfelt reading.

It was just one of those nights. One of those only-in-Paris, happier-than-ever, so profoundly grateful and elated nights.


Thank you everyone who was there at Le Citizen and there in spirit!

11 comments:

  1. You are kidding about that couple who brought your article!! Unbelievable.
    You've touched so many people with your work and deserve every bit of praise you receive. So honored to know you miss Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I wish I had been there - sounds truly magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story about that couple! Was most definitely there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those beautiful, familiar faces! I'm sorry I couldn't be there to share this special celebration ... but I'm so delighted that you're on this incredible, magical ride. Like Lindsey said, you deserve each and every bit of praise you get, and all the success in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a beautiful, beautiful party. And the serendipity of meeting some fans not in the know, too! Lots of things just seem meant to be. Especially in Paris, for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Amy! It put a big smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to have been there to share the evening with you my dear. It was a wonderful event filled with joy, beautiful people and your fab book of course! Congratulations Amy. A la prochaine mon amie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the most memorable evenings for all those that know and adore you. Thank you Amy for sharing your Paris with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRAVO Amy!
    Well deserved too
    wish I was there
    or it was this week...
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your publication!

    I discovered you via a book review on CobbleStay.com's blog. (http://www.cobblestay.com/blog/2012/04/book-review-paris-my-sweet-by-amy-thomas/)

    I love the cover art and your content seems interesting. I'll keep an eye out for your book.

    All the best,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete