Monday, April 2, 2012

My Vegan Mondays

Do you ever get the sense that you're a total bore? That your life is passing you by? That you've lost control and might not ever regain it? (No? Just me?)

I think I've been eating absurd amounts of lemon basil bonbons, walnut chocolate chip cookies and salted caramel ice cream lately because I don't know what else to do. I don't have time to call my mom, to go to yoga, to pet my cat or to read a magazine... from February. Life is good. It's just crazy. And it's freaking me out.

In lieu of an all-expenses-paid trip to Tahiti, what I need is a week's worth of Vegan Mondays to regain some equilibrium... at least on the diet front.

Morning
Green juice
Fuji apple

Afternoon
Health food store hot bar: $11 worth of dill and fennel rice, broccoli and brussels sprouts
Granola bar

Evening
One of my favorite soups, which I did find time to make this weekend: carrot-ginger-sweet potato
Dried pineapple (merci, maman!)

6 comments:

  1. Your Vegan Mondays put me to shame! Btw, what inspired it? Have you always done it?

    Milsters
    http://littlepiecesoflight.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- great minds think alike:)
    I have had such a crazy spring here too- and have recently made a dieting switch...trying to go vegetarian myself. The beef and pork were easy, the chicken is harder to five up:(

    That lunch sounds fantastic!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. How did you know that I've been feeling that way exactly?

    Except I'm eating organic milk chocolate "buds" from the local food co-op. In bulk. Because what else do you do when you don't know what else to do????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I get the sense I am a total bore? I bore myself :)

    I lost a lot of weight when we came here and now find myself eating to keep weight on. I think ( as you know) living in a foreign city and walking everywhere, not loving ALL of the food, I no longer have to worry about what / how much I eat.
    That said, I eat very badly, I have the diet of a 5 year old who wants only sugar and chocolate.
    Todays meal so far was 2 scones.

    Yesterday, Vegan Monday, I had Chinese, lo mein and veggies.

    I have not eaten red meat in over 40 years and I still have a hard time being vegan. I think it is because I am just lazy. mooo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, that's how I eat even when I'm NOT stressed out and busy. What must THAT mean? sounds like your trip to Paris comes at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to have a health food store hot bar! I hope things slow down a little for you soon, Amy!

    ReplyDelete