Monday, July 11, 2011

My Vegan Mondays

I’ve been obsessed with ice cream lately. Specifically Ben & Jerry’s. Eaten by the pint. In one sitting. Oatmeal cookie. Clusterfluff. Mission to Mars. Willie Nelson’s Peach Cobbler. Such good stuff. And did you hear, Ben & Jerry’s is coming out with a Schweddy Balls flavor? Swear to god. With stuff like rum and malt balls. Should be good.

I am dying for more ice cream tonight but I’m trying instead to focus on the beautiful egg and Manchego croissant sandwich I had for brunch at Joseph Leonard yesterday. It was enough dairy amazingness to last me a few days, I should think. Besides, it's going to be in the 90s tomorrow. The perfect kind of ice cream day.

Morning
Green tea
(I had an early client meeting and didn't have time to make my green juice or anything else.)

Afternoon
A giant falafel sandwich with fries (This was a monster of a lunch. Maybe vegan, but not so healthy. But delicious.)
Carrot sticks

Evening
Tomato, cucumber and artichoke salad

7 comments:

  1. Ohmyword. Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookies ice cream is totally my vice - I'm not ashamed to admit I've finished entire tubs on my own, in one sitting, on the bed watching some movie on my laptop.

    Here's to the average American! Bien sur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm yes, I am craving ice cream too now!! Those flavours sound like a winning combination, especially the rum part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous about all the B&J ice cream flavours, UK has a very limited selection. My favorite is Phish Food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I could get on board with Schweddy Balls ice cream but I COULD go for some falafel! I sense a craving coming on..... where in NY did you go for yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. schwetty balls B+J, amazing! I can't stop eating haagen-dazs dolce de leche fro yo myself. it addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schwetty Balls is one of the most classic hysterical SNL moments ever. That and Eddie Murphy doing mister white! Merci merci and now I want some Oatmeal cookie ice cream. Can you get it in Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend just told me about a summer-only ice cream joint called Guerilla Ice Cream. Have you tried it?

    Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete