Friday, December 7, 2012

Just another day in Paris

It was a day of art.
The Musée d'Orsay. The last time I was inside was September, 2001. I've been deterred on past visits because of long lines. I hate waiting in lines. But look, Van Gogh! No crowds! Incroyable!

Of course half the joy of going to the d'Orsay is the architecture. And the views.



And it was an evening of perfectly-pitched Frenchness.  
Cocktails at Glass avec the coolest girl in Paris, Mel.

Followed by dinner at L'Office. By this point, alcohol and soul-pouring had put the camera to rest. But still, as I rolled into the 7eme well after 1 a.m., I got my final smile of the night.
 

7 comments:

  1. It always takes my breath away, the Eiffel Tower, even after an amazing day like you had here. She is certainly lovely, La Tour Eiffel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty much perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that view never gets old! Your day sounds perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo is always one of my favourite vantage points in Musée d'Orsay!

    Best
    Milsters

    (http://www.littlepiecesoflight.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in Paris this week too, as a matter of fact, going home in the AM. Had I been checking the blogs I follow I would have offered to buy you a chocolat chaud - would be great to meet you after having devoured your book!

    ReplyDelete