Monday, December 31, 2012

2012, you’ve been good to me

First there was the book. The parties, readings, signings and visits were definitely the highlights of the year. So many wonderful friends, old and new, who showed support and shared the sweetness, from New York to New Jersey, Kansas City to Denver. Thank you!






 
(And I can't forget the Portuguese translation!) 
  And then there were the travels. Zip-lining in Park City…

… hiking and mountain biking in Colorado, it was an adventurous year.


But also peaceful and rejuvenating.

 I loved getting to visit my beloved cities, San Francisco and Paris…


 … and also spending time in New York and Brooklyn. After all, home is where the heart is.


Speaking of home, I got back to Connecticut tons (and wrote about it), where I spent QT with my dear dad as well as cousins, aunts, uncles and friends.

I even got back there with my mom, when she came for a girl’s weekend in the city, and we visited family to watch the $20,000 action on Family Feud (oh yeah, Family Feud, baby!)


My 40th birthday turned into a week-long soak on the beaches in Grenada, grace à Hurricane Sandy (pas mal)…


…Followed by the culinary highlight of the year: dinner at Eleven Madison Park. 15 courses of brilliance, which included not only sturgeon, smoking on the table, and carrot tartare, straight from a tableside meat grinder, but this humble little picnic course.

Not to say the rest of the year was slim pickings. Cupcakes, lobster rolls, Manhattans… and as many meals at Buvette as I could manage.





2012 gave me happy times with my man…

 
(My man!)
Plus all the little moments. Minor league baseball…
Friends getting married...
 Friends, being together...


2012 was very good to me. I can only hope 2013 is equally fun, fulfilling, relaxed, productive, delicious, adventurous and filled with family, friends, love and health.


Most of all, I’m wishing the same for all of you! Happy New Year, everyone! Bon année!

15 comments:

  1. You did have quite a year and I love seeing you celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. & to the Netherlands! Have a happy New Year! Best wishes to you in 2013! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year , Wishing even better things for this year to come .. for us all !
    besos, C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that 2012 was a wonderful year for you!! Great post; very inspirational :)

    Milsters

    (http://www.littlepiecesoflight.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a year!! ^_^ May 2013 bring just as much happiness and health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a positive approach to life and you seem to nurture all your blessings! Obviously its going to be a Happy New Year for you as well as me! Therese

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci, mes amis! Happy New Year to you all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you! Hope 2013 is just as exciting, fulfilling, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a phenomenal year. I have to say, you played a big role in my year as well. Wishing you all the continued success you want and deserve in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post, and what a sensational year. Congratulations, and best wishes for 2013

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was a fabulous year for you indeed! And you didn't even mention your trips to Paris. (But those of course, are a given.)

    Here's to another memorable year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, j'adore ton livre! C'est fantastique! Et j'adore Paris ausi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy, I am from Rio de Janeiro and I am reading your book! Both Paris and NY are my dream cities! I would be crazy if I had to decide where to live/work :D

    I am going to NY (again) and I am making a plan to visit some of the places you wrote about ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. แนะนำเว็บดี ๆ ไม่มีโกง เว็บตรง
    ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ พบกับค่ายเกมส์ระดับโลกอย่าง
    สล็อตjoker
    เป็นค่ายเกมส์สล็อตแตกง่าย
    ที่กำลังมาแรงที่สุดในเวลานี้ ไม่อยากพลาดความสนุกต้องสล็อตpgแตกง่าย

    คอบอลไม่ควรพลาดกับการพนันบอล
    ที่ได้ค่าน้ำดีที่สุดอัตตราต่อรองได้มาตรฐานระดับโลก

    ReplyDelete