Sunday, September 9, 2012

The week in food


Yes, I’ve been having my misgivings about summer’s end, la rentrée and that general meh feeling at the turn of the seasons. Nevertheless, the beautiful weather is hanging on, and there is always delicious food this time of the year to make it all better.

Like heirloom tomato toast, doused in olive oil, salt and pepper, and the roasted carrot and avocado salad at ABC Kitchen.
Pitch-perfect bluefish cakes with poached eggs and celery remoulade at Stone Park Café in Park Slope (and yes, finally getting my Instagram savviness...)
That was after a glorious blueberry muffin at Du Jour Bakery and a romp through Sugar and Plumm’s candy kingdom on the Upper West Side.


And to bring the weekend to a close, a Sunday morning bagel in Central Park. 


 Have I mentioned that I love New York?

2 comments:

  1. It has been over 6 years since I have seen a real bagel ... let alone taste one !
    Poor me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tomatoes look delicious. Thank you for the book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete