Friday, September 14, 2012

More than a woman


“It’s all about life. And it’s all about being the woman you want to be.”
My first plum assignment as a writer was interviewing Diane von Furstenberg for CITY Magazine. I’ve been in love with her ever since.

Smart, independent, confident, sexy—she’s one of those women really does seem to have it all: a fulfilling, successful career; the love of her life; children and grandchildren whom she adores; and an exciting life of travel, filled with friends and inspiration.

And now she’s breaking ground on the technology front: this past NY Fashion Week, she was the first fashion designer to use Google Glass to show the runway from the models’ pov. Brilliant.

2 comments:

  1. I love Diane! And for the exact same reasons you mentioned Amy. And many times if I feel I should be doing all these grand big things with my life I turn to her little wisdoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you can relate, Nina! It's no secret that she's amazing and tons of women feel exactly like we do. But every once in awhile, I just fall for her all over again. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete