Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Waking up 41

Life has been pretty singularly focused these past two weeks. The new apartment.
A new neighborhood.


A new place to put my books.


It’s also been a time to reflect. How could it not be? Passages. They’re so bittersweet. I have so much to look forward to, and have said goodbye to so many other things, people and places.

In between getting settled in Brooklyn, I turned 41. I had a family reunion. I read a book about a wedding and saw a movie about life and love. I had this Colson Whitehead article bookmarked for some time and just got around to reading it, which seemed so appropriate.

I guess it’s all to say that life is so magnificent. So beautiful and so full of pain. So many little things and reasons to be filled with gratitude and love.

8 comments:

  1. happy belated! Nice to see all the Paris books in your collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're about to enter your best decade ever :) Happy belated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is full of pain and beautiful and magnificent and all there for you to grab and enjoy. Happy Birthday. Milo looks pretty happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your thoughts, mes amis. Sending good wishes back to you... especially you, dear Candice. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 41st, Amy! It'll be my turn in a few weeks:)

    Your place looks amazing, not to mention your neighbourhood! Such colours!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your living room! And what a good idea to have bookshelves only half way up the wall- it allows for art above and the books don't take over. I see many happy hours and years in there..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful new apartment!
    I just saw that you have your book in Polish! So nice :) (Probably i shouldn't be surprised but I am a little bit). I was just wondering if there is version in Italian? I was looking for it but no luck... I wanted to buy it for my Italian friend as she loves macaroons and your book is soooo sweet and I enjoyed it a lot!
    But if not I will buy English version :)

    ReplyDelete