Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Things I am thankful for

To start with the obvious, but no less essential: my family, friends and health. Thank god, thank god, thank god.  

My colleagues

Having had really good bosses in the past, from whom I still draw confidence and inspiration

The centering effects of yoga and the comic side effects of zumba

Milo’s antics

My boyfriend fiancé for loving me so unconditionally and beautifully

My trips to Charleston, Buenos Aires, Miami, Maryland and Cape Cod this past year

For the beauty of Connecticut

For not seeing tragedy up close

Comfortable shoes


That New York still has the power to make me weepy with happiness and awe

Good dentists

The moment of climbing into bed each night

Wonderful books like Yes, Chef; All That Is; Wild and TheCookbook Collector

Friday nights

My new home

I hope that wherever you are, you are in a happy, grateful place. Happy Thanksgiving, mes amis!


  1. Is it weird that I open up your posts waiting for an engagement announcement? Yeah! Congratulations!

  2. I saw this really fantastic post today.Your blog post is very cogent and makes a number of good points.I am really amazed. Today I spent a lot of time searching for something interesting on this topic. Finally I found your blog. Thanks for that!

    Cardsharing Server