Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My Vegan Tuesday


I didn’t do Vegan Monday yesterday. It was Labor Day and we were in Pennsylvania and every time I’m not at home, in my routine, I forget all about it. By 9 a.m., I had already had cream in my coffee, homemade yogurt, plus all the dairy in my delectable muffin and scone. (I’m loving this “eating for two” business.)

But that’s what happens when you stay at a nice country inn that has a great restaurant and bakery. You linger over the morning paper with a beautiful breakfast.

You linger on the porch with a beautiful man.

You linger in the fields under beautiful sunshine.

It was a beautiful weekend. And today, it was back to a summery hot reality in the city. So I treated Tuesday like Monday and ate more piously.

Morning
Coffee with almond milk
Overnight oats with blueberries
Mixed nuts

Afternoon
“Deep dish pie” from Lifethyme – a layered concoction of veg and quinoa. Delicious
Grapes
Chocolate
More nuts

Evening
Peanut butter and jelly

2 comments:

  1. It all looks idyllic. Congratulations on the 'eating for two.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm loving that word "linger". yes to lingering!

    ReplyDelete