Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Oh, hello

Yes, we’re still here in Brooklyn, living in a little cocoon of new parenthood. Sometimes it’s blissful. It’s raining outside and I’m inside, eating m&m’s and watching Footloose on AMC.



Other times it’s tough, really tough. Parker is screaming, I’m starving, my teeth feel fuzzy, my nipples are on fire, and I wonder what day it is, why I’m doing this, will it ever get easier.



And it always does. The little lessons that emerge along the way: This too shall pass. One day at a time. Be in the moment. Find something positive in what is difficult. Count your blessings. Clichés, all, but true and comforting nonetheless. The love from family and friends, near and far, is astonishing.



And one week slides into another. Parker is now nine weeks old (nine weeks old!!). She’s regained her birth weight and eats like a champ. She’s able to chill out on her own for as long as 20 or 30 minutes. We can tease smiles out of her. And she is absolutely delicious.



Oh, and speaking of delicious, I’ve gotten out to some new spots. Doughnut Plant debuted in Brooklyn pretty much down the street from us. Tres dangereux.



And last weekend I had my first extended break for a hair appointment in Soho. Andrew stayed home and gave Parker bottles and danced to entertain her. I rode the subway, pumped in a bathroom, got a fabulous blow-out and tried, Maman, this killer new French café that has introduced some of the best cookies in the city. I felt part of the human race again.



I’m about midway through my maternity leave. I’m starting to meet other new moms, look into childcare, and fall deeper in love with Parker. It’s bee an interesting exploration of self and identity. After a couple decades of being so focused on a writing career, being home without the ability or ambition to write (to say nothing of exercising, keeping up on news, engaging with the community) is weird. It’s hard. I can feel alienated and adrift, wondering what I’m going to do from here. What I want to do. Sometimes when I tell Andrew that I did nothing all day, he corrects me and points out that I kept a little human being alive. Enough said. I mean, look at her!!



So here we are. Me and my girl. In love with her and my husband. Embracing the nuttiness. Wondering about the future. Another day. Lucky me.

78 comments:

  1. I would risk being just too sugary and sappy and say that There you are, husband , baby , healthy and happy ... there is no reason to think that the future will not continue to be so ... with added adventures and twists but the core of it all will always be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
      WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
      WHATS APP: +2347012841542

      I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

      Delete
  2. Parker is adorable. You are at an interesting place in your life. My daughter was born with gut problems, screamed incessantly and slept for only short periods. I remember being in a permeant state of numbness for a long time. When she was about 4 months old, a girlfriend told me to saviour every stage of my child's development because she would grow up so quickly. From my sleep-deprived, home-bound position, I thought my friend was crazy. Now I am a grandmother.
    It seems like yesterday that I held my own beautiful, crying baby in my arms and I wonder where all time has gone. Cherish every minute with Parker because time vanishes so quickly.
    May the peace and joy of the Festive Season be with you all throughout 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, mes amis. Although sometimes challenging, this is a wonderful chapter of life and we are fully embracing it. I hope you're having a warm and happy holiday season! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you. Keep up the good work and the positive affirmations. You are amazing! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful, Amy! Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big congrats to you and hope it is a fantastic holiday for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a great blog. The way you mentioned your feeling about paris is really awesome. renforcement musculaire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nazre Karam Mujh Par Itna Na Kar,
    Ki Teri Mohabbat Ke Liye Baagi Ho Jaaun, …. Play Bazaar Mujhe Itna Na Pila Ishq-E-Jaam Ki, Satta King Main Ishq Ke Jahar Ka Aadi Ho Jaaun.

    ReplyDelete

  10. الصرح جروب من أفضل شركات الخدمات في المملكة العربية السعودية من أهم خدماتها
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض مجربه

    للتواصل على رقم 0533356456


    cleaning-company-in-Riyadh

    ReplyDelete
  11. برنامج cetusplay للايفون
    برنامج cetusplay يعمل كمتحكم في عدة أجهزة، مثل Fire TV، وأيضًا التحكم في Amazon Fire TV، ويعمل كأداة للتحكم في الجهاز بكل سهولة.
    عن طريق تحويل الموبايل إلى جهاز تحكم عن بعد، لأي من تلك الأجهزة وأكثر من ذلك.

    ReplyDelete
  12. شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالرياض هي شركة توفر خدمات التنظيف على اكمل وجه وكفاءة وخبره واسعة تحت اشراف عمالة مدربة لها سابقة اعمال فى مجال التنظيف فى كافة الأماكن وبكل الوسائل، وتتضمن اعمال التنظيف مايلي : تنظيف منازل _ تنظيف الفلل _ تنظيف الشقق _ تنظيف المساجد _ تنظيف المجالس _ تنظيف الخزانات _ تنظيف القصور _ تنظيف الواجهات الحجرية الرخام والزجاجيه _ تنظيف السجاد.

    ReplyDelete
  13. شركة عزل فوم بالرياض
    شركة عزل فوم بالرياض هي أفضل شركة عزل فوم، حيث أن في الآونة الأخيرة انتشر ما يسمى عزل الفوم، والفوم هو واحد من أحدث وأفضل مواد العزل المستخدمة، وقد تم استخدامه على نطاق واسع في الأسقف والجدران والمستودعات والاستوديوهات

    ReplyDelete
  14. زراعة الشعر في طرابزون

    لقد حققت عمليات زراعة الشعر وعمليات التجميل نجاحًا كبيرًا ، خاصة في طرابزون ، في العديد من المراكز
     المتخصصة ومنذ ذلك الحين
    وأهمها مركز جواد الطبي التركي لزراعة الشعر والجراحة التجميلية في طرابزون. كيف يعطيك أفضل النتائج بأيدي فريق طبي
    متخصص.

    ReplyDelete
  15. gamer9v9
    الكثير من لاعبي ألعاب البلايستيشن يفضلون تلك اللعبة، وهي gamer9v9 تنزيل قراند الحياة الواقعية للجوال، فاللعبة تفصلك عن العالم الخارجي.
    وتجعلك موجود بمدينة ومكان وعالم آخر داخل اللعبة، gamer9v9 تنزيل قراند الحياة الواقعية للجوال هي من ألعاب الفيديو الأكثر واقعية، وتعتبر من ألعاب الحركة.

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com/2013/03/diy-easter-egg-spring-decor-arrangement.html?showComment=1612462567016#c7116717333794520982

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. شركة الرحمة لخدمات المسابح هي أفضل شركة إنشاء وصيانه حمامات السباحة في القاهرة وفي العديد من الاماكن الاخرى، حيث تقوم الشركة بإنشاء حمامات السباحة على أعلى مستوى بكافة أنواعه كما تقوم الشركة بعمل كافة أنواع التشطيبات وتقوم ايضاً بتوريد وتركيب أحدث المعدادت الخاصة بحمامات السباحة وعلى أيدي مهندسين ومتخصصين في هذا المجال.

    ReplyDelete

  19. يوفر لجميع العملاء خدمات متعددة في نظام الصرف الصحي في الكويت وتنظيف الآبار في الكويت. إنها أفضل شركة شفط في الكويت بسبب أدوات شفط مياه الصرف الصحي ومركباتها في الكويت. لدينا أفضل الأدوات والمعدات الحديثة في شركة كابلات المجاري في الكويت. لدينا نملة مدربة على أعلى مستوى من الخبرة والتميز في شركة شفط الأحواض بالكويت. إذا كنت تعاني من مشكلة الروائح الكريهة في المكان من حولك. وتحتاج إلى شركة لفتح المجاري في الكويت فلا تتردد في الاتصال بأفضل شركة تنظيف للصرف تسليك مجاري في الكويت

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel very glad to find your informative blog. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks a lot for sharing great content with us. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Appreciate your quality stuff, really so useful and informative blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cheers! Thanks a lot for sharing this post. I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing this brilliant article it was a very useful and helpful article.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, I simply hopped over in your website by way of StumbleUpon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Extremely decent blog and articles.

    ReplyDelete

  27. I check your blog regular and attempt to take in something from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  28. this type of article that enlighted me all thoughout and thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete