Tuesday, March 17, 2009

French men

Many of you are convinced I’m going to meet a “l’homme francaise” here in Paris.

And Julie asked recently: How are the boys in Paris? Particularly cute? Charming? Aloof?

I’ve been pondering all this myself, of course. And I would say men here fall into two camps: Rive Droite and Rive Gauche.

Rive Droite men are sharp, coiffed and classically handsome. They walk purposefully, carry fine leather bags and stare you in the eyes.

Rive Gauche men are dirty and sexy. I walked by a guy in Saint Germaine with longish hair in a headband, wearing baggy jeans and a cardigan and he was so… hot. Who knew??

I have no idea what to expect of the men here. But if I steered my fate to Paris, then maybe un homme is the next thing coming. A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment