Monday, August 9, 2010

My Vegan Mondays

I know I eat a lot. But I really don’t feel like I’ve been that excessive lately. And I’ve been exercising. Even so, my Comptoir de Cottoniers jeans are getting a wee bit tight. Sigh.

It’s for this reason, and many others, that I can’t help but cheer Tara on in her awesome quest to lose “piggy pounds” through a vegan diet. Go, Tara, go!

Morning
Coffee with soy milk
Cantaloupe
Two bananas

Afternoon
Salad bar! (Drum roll, s’il te plait… voila, your photo, ladies!)

Green beans, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes a couple potatoes and there’s some couscous and lentils hiding under there
Dried figs

Evening
The mixed salad I’ve been loving lately... (encore, le drum roll!)

Mixed greens with carrots, cukes, avocado, tomatoes and sundried tomatoes

(The photos are admittedly underwhelming. Check these out instead.)

2 comments:

  1. Those vegetables dishes look delicious. I would have to forgo the starches, but they inspire me.

    As for your comment "I walk around this city and smile and think how lucky I am." I came here at age 63 and at least several times a week while I am out walking I look up and say with a smile "I can't believe I live here." This was a dream that I had since I was 14. The other part of the dream was to speak French. I can almost do that, at least enough to carry on a simple conversation with my French friends. And, of course, everyone back home thinks I am fluent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Beaneysue... and the inspiration. You're ahead of me in terms of the language, but it sounds like we're both still in the infatuation phase!

    ReplyDelete