Friday, July 16, 2010

Sensory Friday

This week…

I spied Marc Jacobs, busy at work, through a window at work.
This morning, I could hear my neighbor practicing the piano.
Wednesday night, I back and forthed between the creamiest vanilla crème bruleée and the richest chocolate mousse at Chez Janou.
I felt so happy to see Jeremy and Tiffany after several years; and so happy to see Mel upon her return from Paris.
And smells? Well nothing is better than that fresh-baguettes-from-the-oven smell from the Paris boulangeries.

Bon vendredi!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh maaaannn ... let me see..
    I saw Red Hibiscus spilling over the wall of an old house.
    I heard music in the park .. Tango songs.
    I tasted scones with dried fruit and hot strong tea this afternoon.
    And I smelled Jasmine that my housekeeper sprayed all over the apartment before we came home.

    (somehow none of it really lives up to a baguette in Paris though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your guys' sensory observations sound so nice! :D I guess mine would start with the sound of the lawn being mowed by my next door neighbor because that's what I'm hearing right now...But I agree with a Broad, the baguettes' smell is something worth traveling halfway across the world (at least for me) to experience ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this game--
    I watched a thunderstorm come from the west across the city to me from my 17th floor office window;
    I tasted the perfect balance of a Willamette valley pinot noir with an oxtail stew on Wednesday night;
    I awoke Friday to a raucous morning call of birds and listened until I could hear the pattern of call and response and identify the types of birds;
    I smelled a freshly toasted bagel and coffee and savored every bite and sip (this was hard; I didn't come across too many memorable smells late this week);
    As for emotional--fierce intensity of focus earlier in the week with total exhaustion but slowly realized relief and relaxation Thursday and Friday. Funny how it comes slowly after such an intense time.

    ReplyDelete