Thursday, June 11, 2009

The good life

It was a trip that could have gone horribly awry. At least according to initial indications. But it was me and Mel! It was the South of France! Of course it was going to be fabulous!

And it truly was. It was just my initial brain freezes that had me worried.

For example, when I booked my train ticket from Paris to Nice, I didn’t realize that the TGV stopped in Cannes, where we were spending the first three nights. I suppose I could have hopped off in Cannes once this dawned on me… had I not arranged a rental car at the Nice train station. Bypassing Cannes on the train only to backtrack in the car ate three hours of my life that I’ll never get back.

And when I got behind the wheel of the miniature Peugeot, I realized I left my glasses on the train. Oh.

And then on Friday, our first full day of vacation, well… we slept until 2 o’clock. 2 o’clock! I have never, ever done that in my life. Thank goodness we both responded with five minutes of full-body laughter and then got one with our brilliant vacation. Which included…

Amazing food (of course).




Beach time and museum visits.




Spectacular walks, charming villages, and breathtaking vistas.






A kick-ass suite at the Villa Garbo, complete with our very own top-shelf bar.




We survived crazy winds and even crazier drinks.




We walked and walked every day, up hills and down crooked streets.





And yes, we even danced on tables.




It was a trip that was everything it was supposed to be—including qt with my quality girl. Thanks, Mel!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing... I'm so happy for you girls. I love the pictures and can't wait to hear more stories...

    ReplyDelete